Thursday, April 2, 2009

First Things First


That's me coming down one of my favorite trails in Northern California. I love riding my mountain bike there. Not so much here in Portland. The only place I've found that is close won't allow bikers on the best trails. And those who "protect" the park do not seem to want to entertain the thought of letting mountain bikers have their own trails to ride and maintain.

Monday, April 6th Commissioner Nick Fish will hold an invite-only round table discussion on biking in Portland parks. The most notable will be Forest Park access. Hopefully there will be representatives from all sides of the issue.

I moved to Portland with the idea that it had great mountain biking close in. Not so. It has so-so mountain biking close in. But I know it could be better. More to come after Monday's discussion....

No comments:

Post a Comment