Sunday, April 5, 2009

Beautiful Day for a Ride

Lisa worked in the yard. Ian cleared out the gutters. I cleaned the back of my truck. That's how our Sunday started. Then Lisa and I decided to ride our bikes to our martial arts class. What a glorious day to be on a bike! These are the kind of days when I love Portland.

I know that I am not ready to ride in a century. My foot still hurts after about 20 miles. Or is too tired after 10 miles of riding, an hour of taekwondo then another 10 miles of riding? I think the latter. But I'm okay with that. I know I'm pushing it in other areas (i.e. martial arts).

I have new bike projects in mind. Lisa is okay with them, too. She has to be. A couple of them involve two of her bikes. This afternoon I was able to work a little on my blue bike and install the new Race Face crankset. Then I was able to readjust the front derailleur. Front derailleurs always give me a hard time. I'm glad this one went well. The beautiful blue sky inspired me to remove my front fender (rear had already been removed). I also finally got the rear rack correctly installed. Working on my bikes is such a pleasure to me. I really do love it. As frustrated as I can get, I can actually relax and just fiddle.

That's what I'd truly love to do for a living: fiddle with bikes and make people happy about their bikes again. What's so wrong with that?

No comments:

Post a Comment